CAS Trips and GDPR –
Our Commitment to Data Privacy
CAS Trips is committed to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will go into effect May 25, 2018. The regulation contains the most significant changes to European data privacy legislation in the last 20 years. It is designed to give EU citizens more control over their data and seeks to unify a number of existing privacy and security laws under one comprehensive law.
Our customers can trust that we have made GDPR a priority and have devoted significant resources toward our efforts to comply with GDPR. This post outlines our approach and progress to date.
What We Are Doing
Like many companies, we are implementing our company-wide GDPR compliance strategy leading up to May 25, 2018 and beyond. We appreciate that our customers have requirements under GDPR that are directly impacted by their use of CAS Trips, and we are committed to helping our customers fulfil their requirements under GDPR.
Below are a few examples of initiatives we have committed to in order to satisfy GDPR requirements that apply to both our customers and us:
- Committing to security and privacy measures required under GDPR.
- Assisting our customers with satisfying their GDPR data security and privacy requirements notifying regulators of personal data breaches on our systems and promptly communicating any such breaches to our customers and end- users.
- Ensuring our staff that access and process our customer’s personal data are bound to maintain the confidentiality and security of that data.
- Holding any sub processors that handle our customers’ personal data to the applicable data management, security and privacy standards required under GDPR
- Committing to carry out data impact assessments and consulting with EU
regulators where appropriate.
Do we process personal data of our customers?
Yes, we process customer personal data to provide CAS Trips and for other
Where do we send customer data?
CAS Trips only sends customer data to third parties in order to fulfill government requirements associated with International travel.
Can you guarantee that my data will stay in a certain location (e.g., Europe)?
In all cases where data is transferred outside of the E.U., CAS Trips commits to
ensuring such transfers are compliant with applicable data transfer laws,
CAS Trips is 100% committed to customers’ success and the protection of
customer data. Customers can count on our commitment to GDPR compliance.