Contemporary Art & Innovation
- Airport pick-up by you dedicated CAS Trips tour guide
- Hotel drop-off
- Free time and Lunch
- Walking tour – Berlin’s East Side Gallery This introductory tour of Berlin focuses on the painful splitting of the city over night by the erection of the Berlin Wall, as we visit the renowned East Side Gallery where remnants of the wall were decorated by artists from all over the world in 1990.
- Evening Meal – Traditional German cuisine in a wonderful central location
- Reflections Challenge – An introduction to the CAS Trips Network and Reflections Centre with personal student and teacher logins, online itineraries and amazing group sharing capabilities.
- Your CAS Trips tour guide hotel pick-up
- Berlin’s Alternative Culture Tour – Ever since the fall of the Berlin wall in 1989, Berlin has fast developed into one of the most creative, pioneering cities in the world. In this eye-opening tour of some of Berlin’s most intriguing cultural hotspots, we visit some wonderful places, meet some incredible people and discover just what makes this city so uniquely diverse.
- KW Institute for Contemporary Art – Housed in a former margarine factory, KW Institute for Contemporary Art is a place for the production and presentation of contemporary art, where the pressing questions of our time can be openly formulated and discussed.
- Your CAS Trips guide hotel pick-up
- Talk by Michael Szarko C.E.O of Politura Design – Taking inspiration from his heritage, Michael has set about re-inventing Polish furniture styles of the 50’s, 60’s & 70’s that have largely been forgotten due to the communist regime. Michael discusses his passion of these unique retro designs and gives an insight into Berlin’s ever-changing modern design scene.
- Street Art tour and workshop – Berlin is arguably the global capital of modern street art and we take a tour of the city’s street art hotspots, gaining a fascinating insight into this modern urban art movement. Following this, students will receive expert tuition from professional street artists and create their own design canvases.
- Free time for souvenir shopping
- Your CAS Trips tour guide hotel pick-up and departure terminal drop off
*itineraries are illustrative and can be altered to your specific academic needs or time constraints.