- Airport pick-up by you dedicated CAS Trips tour guide
- Hotel drop-off
- Free time and Lunch
- Walking tour – Berlin’s East Side Gallery This introductory tour of Berlin focuses on the painful splitting of the city over night by the erection of the Berlin Wall, as we visit the renowned East Side Gallery where remnants of the wall were decorated by artists from all over the world in 1990.
- Evening Meal – Traditional German cuisine in a wonderful central location
- Reflections Challenge – An introduction to the CAS Trips Network and Reflections Centre with personal student and teacher logins, online itineraries and amazing group sharing capabilities.
- Your CAS Trips tour guide hotel pick-up
- Templehoff Field – We visit this former airport which has since been converted into the city’s most exciting community space. Using Tempelhoff and many of Berlin’s other innovatively regenerated community spaces as a reference, students are broken up into small teams and tasked with creating a short design presentation of what they would do with the space. In co-operation with resident artists and designers.
- Berlin’s Alternative Culture Tour – Ever since the fall of the Berlin wall in 1989, Berlin has fast developed into one of the most creative, pioneering cities in the world. In this eye-opening tour of some of Berlin’s most intriguing cultural hotspots, we visit some wonderful places, meet some incredible people and discover just what makes this city so uniquely diverse.
- Evening Meal at YAAM – Students can choose from the wide range of mouth-watering foods available at the Young African Arts Market. Founded 20 years ago, this former wasteland transformed into one of the city’s favourite cultural melting pots. After being threatened with closure, thousands upon thousands of Berliners protested successfully to save this jewel in Berlin’s cultured crown.
- Your CAS Trips guide hotel pick-up
- Kunstraum Kreuzberg/Bethanien – here we explore how and why this former hospital and squat has become a community centre point of the area. Our tour of this exhibition space for contemporary art with a focus on current social and cultural issues will also give an inspirational insight into the service the centre provides.
- The Berlin Green Tour – Find out what Berlin’s local communities are doing about resourcing, recycling and establishing networks to create a sustainable urban environment on this fascinating and insightful tour.
- Free time for souvenir shopping
- Your CAS Trips tour guide hotel pick-up and departure terminal drop off
*itineraries are illustrative and can be altered to your specific academic needs or time constraints.