Global International School Student Exchange
In the breath-taking surroundings of Fettes College, students from all over the world will collaborate on a sensational itinerary of top-class on-campus sports coaching and dynamic cultural, arts and Service Learning activities at the world famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival of performing arts.
Open to Individuals or Groups
All-inclusive 5-day itinerary
From ONLY 899,- € (EUR)
March – April 2017
Prague, Czech Republic
Appropriate for individual students or student groups
All-inclusive 5-day itinerary
From ONLY $1999* (USD)
SELECT DEPARTURE REGION:
ENROLLMENT CLOSES 21/12/2016 BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
The CAS Trips Way
Designed by International School teachers for International School students, CAS Trips are re-inventing the concept of educational travel.
An acronym of Creativity-Activity-Service, CAS Trips not only introduces students to incredible new cultures but strives to develop conscientious young global citizens by incorporating each element of CAS into every trip.
Edinburgh Summer Camps are a once in a lifetime opportunity for students from all over the world to come together for a unique experience of intercultural collaboration in the enchanting city of Edinburgh, Scotland.
World-class sports coaches from International Sports Academy will oversee a diverse range of Activity with coaching and team sports in the grounds of our two gorgeous venues, while students will also collaborate to tackle fascinating Creativity and charity Service tasks in a truly engaging week-long program.
The CAS Trips Team
Our dedicated CAS Trips X ISA Team will be on hand to assist students every step of the way, 24 hours a day – from the moment they arrive to the goodbye wave-off through departures.
To ensure the best pastoral care and support possible for each student, we operate a hierarchical staff structure of fully qualified Directors, Coordinators, Group Leaders and live-in House Parents.
The International Sports Academy
The Edinburgh-based International Sports Academy adopt a logical philosophy towards sport – striking the balance between education, progression and enjoyment.
Through International Sports Academy’s top-class coaching, students are encouraged, motivated and instructed in the art of team sports, leadership, respect and individual performance.
ISA offer top-class residential sports experiences to students aged 9-16, focusing on world-class coaching of a diverse range of sports including ball sports, water sports, racquet sports, track & field and outdoor adventure as they make full use of the incredible sporting facilities and equipment available at both locations.
The ISA Team
ISA’s top calibre Key Sports Coaching Team have been hand-picked as positive, inspirational role models who adopt a pastoral capacity to maximise student development.
The supremely qualified team includes current and former professional sportsmen and women as well as full-time educators! Find out more HERE
“It’s probably the best experience I’ve ever had. I’ve got to know a new country and meet new people”
Edinburgh Summer 2017 participant
From its dark past to its vibrant present, through constant wars with neighbouring England, crippling plagues and economic transformations, Scotland has found ingenious ways to prosper for thousands of years.
As arguably the finest example of a Gothic town in the world, Edinburgh with its unique castle, has always been the jewel in Scotland’s bonny crown and is a wonderful town to explore Scottish culture, history and tradition.
From world class universities to breathtaking landscapes, environmental pioneers to revolutionary inventors and its resilient, innovative and creative local communities, Edinburgh is the perfect location for the CAS Trips’ Summer Camps.
See more > Edinburgh Summer GALLERY
Fettes College Summer Camp
August 8-13 2018
If you are the sporty or creative type then Edinburgh Summer camp is definitely for you!
In this unique opportunity, you will receive sports coaching from Olympic athletes, international captains and ex-Manchester United players as well as attend spectacular shows and events, including the incredible Edinburgh Royal Military Tattoo parade, at the world-famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
All this while staying in the stunning 19th century Fettes College – the inspiration for J.K Rowling’s Hogwarts in Harry Potter!
Discover the awesome city of Edinburgh and history of Scotland, meet, share and learn with students from around the world and enjoy the Summer of a lifetime!
See the Fettes College Gallery HERE
Accommodation & Food: Fettes College
Playing host to this unique Edinburgh Summer Camp will be the stunning, prestigious Fettes College. Founded in 1870, Fettes College is one of the best private schools in Britain and lays claim to some fascinating literary history.
The one and only James Bond studied at Fettes, according to Ian Flemming’s epic novels, while Edinburgh resident J.K. Rowling is also have said to have based Harry Potter‘s school, Hogwarts on Fettes’ remarkable main building.
Fettes is a year-round boarding school and with top-class accommodation, sporting and catering facilities. For more information visit the school’s official site HERE or our Fettes College Gallery HERE
- Participants will be accommodated in the comfortable, recently rebonvated boarding house facilities of Fettes College.
- ALL meals are included in the price – breakfasts, lunches and evening meals – and will be catered on site by the full-time Fettes chef team
- All dietary requirements will be catered for if specified in advance.
Day to Day Highlights
- Arrival at the airport and check-in
- Tour of Campus
- Traditional Scottish cuisine
- Team-building ‘icebreaker’ activities
- Pro Tennis clinic
- Lacrosse team challenge
- Edinburgh History Tour
- Visit Edinburgh Castle
- Fencing with an Olympic athlete
- Pro Soccer coaching with Ex-Man Utd player
- Edinburgh Fringe shows
- Netball team challenge with ex-Scotland captain
- Secret Underground Vaults Tour
- Volleyball workshop with Olympian
- Edinburgh Fringe shows
- National Museum visit
- Rugby team challenge with international coach
- Traditional Scottish ‘Ceilidh’ dance spectacular
- Highland Games team challenge
- Souvenir Shopping in Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Fringe shows
- Amazing Edinburgh Royal Military Tattoo show at Edinburgh Castle
What You Get
- All meals – breakfast, lunch and evening meals
- All guides and monitors (no tips necessary)
- All local transport tickets
- All activities and tickets
- Evening activities
- Final evening spectacular
- Full 24-hour support system
*please note the final program is subject to change depending on availability
- International transport to/from Edinburgh. For groups of 10+ passengers, our travel partners STA Educational Travel can provide group fares and assistance. Please contact us for more info.
- Entry Visa assistance. For more information on Visa requirements for your country, please see the bottom of the page or contact us for more details.
- Spending money – All meals and excursions are included so the only added expense for students is spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel Insurance – Comprehensive travel insurance is obligatory and can be provided by our partners at STA Educational Travel for as little as €49
- Before: Your dedicated personal CAS Trips coordinator will help you throughout the booking procedure and preparation stages.
- All teachers, students and parents will be emailed important information such as detailed itineraries, meal choices, activity details and social media group access, in advance of arrival.
- Students from around the world, partaking in the same session will be invited to join a private CAS Trips Facebook group to get to know each other prior to arrival.
- During: The Edinburgh Summer team will be on hand to support students at all times and in all situations while in Edinburgh.
- Parents can follow the fun online through posts and pictures from students and staff via the private Facebook group and social media posts.
Watch the Video
- Although adult accompaniment is not obligatory, we welcome the participation of teachers!
- As IB educators and expedition leaders, we understand the stresses of organizing and travelling with students groups and that’s why we offer teachers FREE places!
- To make organization as stress free as possible, we have compiled the above Marketing Pack, for use in-school
- Limited spaces are available so APPLY TODAY
As experienced IB educators, we understand that preparation is everything.
As fellow International School teachers, we understand the stresses and complexities involved in organising a trip such as this, which is why we’ve put together a comprehensive Marketing Pack for in-school use, designed to save you time. It includes:
- A3 poster, for in-school marketing
- Sign up sheet, to be used in conjunction with the poster
- PPT presentation, editable slides to use at a student, teacher or parent presentation
- Parents letter, editable template to send home to parents
CAS Trips also provide extensive information and resources regarding the global issues, service challenges and activities prior to arrival and introduce CAS Connect! with pre and post trip Reflections Challenges.
Our 24 hour online support team and your personal planning assistant will support you throughout the planning process.
- CAS Trips Edinburgh Summer camps have been specifically designed to bring international students from all over the world to work, play, explore and learn together.
- Edinburgh Summer camps are suitable for all student types, studying any curriculum, from ages 14-18.
- Our principal aims are to Educate, Challenge and Inspire students, using a framework of Creativity, Activity and Service to create incredible adventures with memories that stay with students for a lifetime.
- Through International Sports Academy’s top-class coaching, students are encouraged, motivated and instructed in the art of team sports, leadership, respect and individual performance.
- Our itineraries are based on IB’s 7 Learning Outcomes and the activities and challenges we organise will push students out of their physical and mental comfort zone.
- By engaging with Service Learning, we aim to show students that voluntary work and community service need not be a burden but, in fact, should be incredibly rewarding and truly exciting.
Safety & Insurance
We offer 24-hour online support via email ahead of your trip while Skype calls can be arranged in advance to discuss any concerns.
During students’ time in Edinburgh, parents will be provided with 24h telephone numbers of the Camp Director and their child’s group monitor with detailed final timetables provided in the weeks prior to arrival.
Full risk assessment
All activities and challenges listed in the itinerary are fully risk assessed by our professional team, including detailed evaluation of any potential risks, thorough procedures, nearest medical centres, localizations and contact information.
These can all be provided in advance, upon request
All CAS Trips and ISA staff are fully qualified, full-time professionals with years of experience. All are qualified, university-educated and native or fluent English speakers.
CAS Trips activities, tours and challenges are staffed at a staff:student ratio of minimum 1:10.
However, we also implement a ‘buddy’ system at the beginning of each session – in which each student paired with and assumes responsibility for another’s welfare, safety and whereabouts.
Free time is allocated in controlled environments and each group of a minimum of 3 students is assigned a mobile phone for emergency use.
STA Travel Insurance
All participants must be covered by comprehensive travel and health insurance. This is not included in our price but can be provided by our partners at STA Educational Travel for as little as €39
Please contact us for more details.
Expectation of students
We have a very clear and strict set of rules which we expect all participants to sign and adhere to.
For any participant found to be breaking these rules during the Edinburgh Summer camps, we reserve the right to send them home at their parents’ own expense .
All you need to guarantee your place is to make a €299 non-refundable deposit. After that, we offer 2 types of payment methods to suit you:
1) FULL PAYMENT
Make your €299 enrolment payment then pay the full remaining amount by Direct Bank Transfer
2) PAYMENT PLAN
You can use any debit or credit card to pay your €299 enrolment fee via PayPal, with the final balance payable 6 weeks prior to arrival.
PayPal invoices will be issued automatically before payment dates but please note PayPal charges a 2.9% service fee.
Payment methods accepted: Direct Bank Transfer, suing BACS or IBAN/SWIFT transactions and all major Debit and Credit Cards via PayPal (PayPal account not needed to make one-time payments).
For more information about our payment options and to request a copy of CAS Trips full terms and conditions, please CONTACT US
All participants must have a passport that is valid for at least six months and has at least three blank pages.
- When enrolling, please ensure your submit your name, exactly as it appears on your passport (including middle name(s)).
- Failure to do so could lead to complications and charges.
Passport holders from the following countries do NOT require a visa prior to arrival in UK :
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK
Students and teachers who are residents of countries outside the European Economic Area, except Swiss nationals, are required to apply for a Standard Visitor Visa for UK.
Applications can only be made a maximum of three months in advance and usually take a maximum of 3 weeks to process and fees apply. Visit the British Goverment’s immigration website for more information.